CycloFemme is an annual international event held on Mother’s Day each year.
“CycloFemme is a Global Celebration of Women created TO HONOR THE PAST from the shoulders of those who stood before us, for the freedom to choose and the chance to wear pants. TO CELEBRATE THE PRESENT with strength and courage, voices raised, moving together. TO EMPOWER THE FUTURE of women everywhere, the backbone of positive social change.
Fort Wayne CycloFemme will be held on
Sunday, May 14th, 2017
Rockhill Park, 1400 Catalpa Street Fort Wayne, IN 46802
This event is part of Kickstart Fort Wayne, a month long celebration of bicycles, art, music and theater.
Parking is limited. Fort Wayne Community Schools has given us permission to use the front two lots, along Catalpa. If you can carpool or ride your bike to the park, that will greatly help ease parking issue.
Check-In will open at 1:00 pm at Rockhill Park. Show up early to get your wristband, a water bottle from Bussick Orthodontics, a cookie treat from Sweets So Geek, and have your bike go through the ABC (air, brakes, chain, cassette, cranks) quick checks before we take off.
We will begin the ride at 2:00pm. Matriarchs, please lead us in a loop around Rockhill before we make our distances.
All distances are round-trip with an option to take a few laps around the park if you wish to stay inside the park. Every ride counts! Each distance has a designated SAG stop with bathroom and rest areas. You choose your ride, be safe, and HAVE FUN!
Helmets are required.
If you would like the GPX files for the two longer distances, please follow this link to GPSies, a third party application.
- Rockhill Park to Towpath Trailhead at Eagle Marsh
- Towpath Trailhead is the midway point for this route. There is a gazebo with seating. Porta-johns are also available. This route will be marked with directional arrows. Riders are encouraged to travel at a comfortable pace. Bike Ambassadors will be along the route to help guide participants and can address basic mechanical issues. This route is 8 miles long round-trip, and uses the greenway.
- Rockhill Park to Aboite Township Trustee’s Office
- The midway point of this route will be the Aboite Township Trustee’s Office. We have reserved a room, and will be providing drinks and snacks. A bike valet stand will be available. Bathrooms will also be available. Riders are encouraged to travel at a comfortable pace. This route will be marked with directional arrows. Bike Ambassadors will be along the route to help guide participants and can address basic mechanical issues. This route is along the greenway, although we will have to travel a short distance on the roadway to reach the Trustee’s office. This route is 20 miles round-trip with a few short segments on roads.
- Rockhill Park to Spokesmen Cycling
- This route will take riders out to Spokesmen Cycling in Roanoke, IN. Spokesman will be open, and bathrooms will be available. Riders are encouraged to travel at a comfortable pace. Signage along the route will help guide participants and maps with will also be available. This route begins on the greenway, and transitions to roads around Homestead HS. At the Aboite Center and Homestead Road intersection, the “yellow route” will be marked by yellow arrows on the road and not the standard black arrows that have marked the route to this point. The roads are open to all traffic. This route is 46 miles round-trip.
Several area businesses are offering discounts to our participants. At registration, make sure you pick up a wristband so you can take advantage of these specials.
Pembroke Bakery & Cafe is offering a free cookie with purchase
Fort Wayne Outfitters will be offering 15% off apparel.
West Central Microcreamery will be serving up buy one get one free small scoops of ice cream.
Go explore downtown, enjoy some treats, and support our local businesses. We can’t wait to ride with all of you! Note: These participating shops are offering a discount with your CycloFemme wristband day of the ride only.
Not interested in riding, but support a cyclist? Volunteers are needed to help make this a successful event. Shifts are relatively short. We appreciate your help! Please email us if you’re interested or sign up here.
- 1:15-2:30pm: 4 people for registration
- 2:15-4:00pm: 4 people at the Aboite Township Trustee’s Office